Sunday, March 2, 2014

Lorraines Prayer




Lorraine has been fighting to stand in hopes of one day being able to walk. For as much suffering as she has endured and continues to endure she has an amazing attitude. This morning ,although a little shy, she prayed for the first time outloud. Her prayer was so beautiful it brought me to tears. It was a long prayer because she had so many things to thank God for, including our family for coming to save her.Then she went on to ask God to heal her legs so she could walk again.
As Lorraine has been fighting to walk , I have been back in the U.S. fighting to raise money for her medical needs. I have to admit that I hate fundraising. I had a sick feeling as I was sharing the needs for Lorraine that I was begging .As money ran out and bills went up, the more desperate I began to feel. I prayed for God to take this feeling away but it followed me around weighing me down. But as soon as I got back here to Kenya and saw  sweet Lorraines face I had a revelation...... Im not begging for money for Lorraine, Im giving people an opportunity to be a part of something beautiful. You are investing in eternity. So if you have received this information and are able to give and have been lifting Lorraine up in prayer , consider yourself blessed! I apologize for any pasts posts that have not been in the right spirit.

No comments: